OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS OFTHE SHALLOW SPORT 2018 OWNERS FISHING TOURNAMENT
A complete set of rules can be found on our website
(www.shallowsportboats.com). It is the contestant’s responsibility to read,
understand, and comply with all of the rules outlined below. Noncompliance will
be grounds for disqualification from the tournament and future barring from
activities sponsored by Shallow Sport of Texas, Inc. By entering this tournament,
each contestant agrees to abide by these rules and regulations and agrees that
any decisions of the Tournament Directors will be final.
SHALLOW SPORT OF TEXAS, INC. AND TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS RESERVE THE
RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY INTO THE TOURNAMENT TO ANY ANGLER.
• All participants in the Tournament must be aware of tournament rules including
additions or changes made by May 18, 2018.
• IGFA rules apply. Anglers must have a current fishing license.
• All participants must fish from a Shallow Sport Boat. Wade fishing is permitted
from boat only. No tubes or kayaks allowed.
• There are 2 divisions: Guided and Amateur Angler Teams
• Amateur Division anglers may not be or shall not use professional guides or
commercial fishermen to obtain fish. Any boat that has a professional angler on
board, or is aided by a professional angler, will qualify the entire team deemed as
entered into the guided division.
• Each team will consist of a minimum of one angler, and no more than FIVE
anglers, including the captain. Number of anglers on boat must not exceed
Coastguard rating. No one is allowed on board the boat if he/she is not registered
as an angler of that boat’s team.
• Each angler will be registered by boat. A number will be issued for each
boat/team. Your number MUST be displayed (visibly near windshield) on your
boat during the entire tournament.
• All boats must be in the same area in the bay for a shotgun start on Saturday
5/19/2018 at 6:30 am SHARP!
• Each angler will be allowed to weigh in their largest Trout, Redfish, and Flounder
(one fish per species, per angler for a total possible combination of 3 fish total per
• Winning fish for each species will be determined by heaviest weight. In the
event of a tie, the winner will be decided by length, and then by earliest weigh-in
• Only one rod per angler is allowed in the water at one time. Fish must be caught
on a rod and reel with live, dead or artificial bait.
• Boats participating in the Tournament should not be in contact during official
fishing hours with any other boat, unless approved by the tournament directors.
Contact #s for directors are provided.
• Weigh-in time begins at 1:00 pm and ends at 3:00 pm, May 19, 2018. The last
person in the weigh-in line at 3:00 pm will be identified by tournament staff.
Weigh in card must be signed by the angler when the fish are weighed in prior to
leaving dock. Fish will only be weighed one time. Make sure the weights are
correct before signing the weigh in card. All fish brought in by land are subject to
the same rules.
• No red drum over 28” or trout over 25” will be weighed.
• A professional weigh master will weigh in fish. If in her opinion, the fish was
caught outside the tournament time frame or was tampered with in order to alter
its weight and/or length, the contestant agrees to take a polygraph test. If the
polygraph test confirms this opinion or if the contestant does not take the test,
contestant will be disqualified from the tournament and agrees to forfeit all rights
• All protests, objections, or suspicions of rules violations must be provided in
writing to the Tournament Directors prior to the end of weigh in. Failure to
provide written notification will be grounds for dismissal of the objection. It will
be the sole decision of the Directors whether to request a polygraph.